Join this DIY Bali group tour & meet like-minded explorers eager to uncover the historical temples erected on the edge of breathtaking cliffs. Explore exotic beaches, opt for some kick-ass water-activities in Nusa Dua & visit an amazing waterfall in the jungle.
Visit the remote, small and stunning Gili Islands where automobiles and motorised traffic is prohibited. The Gili islands are a fantastic destination for divers both novice and scuba savvy.
|Day 1:||Arrive in Bali|
|Day 2:||Uluwatu & Nusa Dua day full day tour|
|Day 3:||Transfer to Gili T|
|Day 4:||Gili T- Free day (Opt for snorkeling/ scuba diving)|
|Day 5:||Transfer to Ubud|
|Day 6:||Tegenungan water fall & Tanah lot full day tour|
|Day 7:||Free day|
Please Note: It’s a DIY Trip- Our DIY trips are highly curated itineraries, which are prepared by our experts keeping in mind the travel preference and travel styles mentioned by our members aka ‘Roamers’. These trips are without trip leaders.
However, worry not. We will do all the bookings, transportation and activities arrangement to make sure you are having a hassle free and fun holiday. We only take registrations from like-minded Roamers, making sure that they are the right fit in the group and so they are very affordable and a lot more fun.
Visa: Visa on Arrival, valid for 30 days from the day of entry.
Day 1: Arrive in Bali
Welcome to Bali Roamer 🙂 Check into your hotel, relax after the tiring long flight or check out the beach.
Huddle up and meet your Roaming Clan in the evening and check out the famous crazy nightlife of Bali at Legian street in Kuta or go to Potato head beach club and have a gala party night.
Day 2: Uluwatu and Nusa Dua- water sports activities
Located on Bali’s south coast, Nusa Dua has some of the most beautiful beaches in Bali and is famed for it’s luxury cliff-top resorts. Let the adventure side of you come out and try some water sports like parasailing, jet-ski, banana boat, sea-walking and flying fish.
After lunch, leave for Uluwatu to witness the beautiful sunset and the best views of the majestic Indian Ocean that you rarely find anywhere else on the island.
Day 3: Gili Islands
This day, leave for the most awaited destination- the Gili Islands. The Gilis are made up of three small islands: Gili Air, Gili Meno, and Gili Trawangan. Over the years, these sleepy little islands have become a huge destination for backpackers and budget travellers.
There aren’t any cars on the Gili islands, so you can walk everywhere. Gili Trawangan is the party island out of the three and that is where we have arranged your stay. It’s a very small island, ask anyone where is the party and they will guide you where to head 🙂
Day 4: Scuba diving at Gili Trawangan
This day you can opt for Scuba diving, snorkelling or explore this stunning island by bike or just relax at the beach and chill at some cool beachside cafes.
Though Scuba diving is an optional activity but we highly recommend to go for it. Gilis are one of the best diving destinations in the world and Discover Scuba Diving course is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. Before going for an open water dive, you’ll be taught some basic skills in the pool to prepare for your adventure.
In case you don’t want to do any water based activity, you can also check out the other two islands- Gili Air and Gili Meno.
Day 5: Ubud
Ubud is probably the place that has preserved it’s Balinese culture the most, and you can see and get a feel of the real “soul” of Bali here. This is also why the Balinese are so proud of Ubud. This day check out Ubud palace and wander the streets of Ubud.
Day 6: Tegenungan waterfall and Tanah Lot
Hidden in the jungles of Bali near Ubud is this beautiful waterfall where visitors can lounge in the pool underneath, letting the thundering waters crash down around you. This day check out the pristine Tegenungan Waterfall. This waterfall is unique for its lush green surroundings and heavy water flow, perfect for swimming and enjoying the fresh water.
After lunch, leave for Tanah lot to see the spectacular sunset. The temple is located on a rock just offshore. It is said to be the work of revered 15th century Hindu priest Nirartha and forms an important element of Balinese spiritualism and mythology.
Day 7: Roamer Day
This is Roamer’s day aka a free day.. Check out Monkey forest (highly recommended) or do shopping or get an authentic Balinese massage.
Since this is your last night in Bali, in the evening go out for a farewell group dinner with your Roaming Clan and one last night out together before you part ways at the end of this most memorable trip.
Day 8: Return
End of this memorable tour.
Physical Level: While the Bali tour itself is not very strenuous, please note that it can involve the following: somewhat long days, a good amount of walking, early morning wake-ups and other similarly challenging scenarios.
Subject to Change: Please keep in mind that the above itinerary and activities are subject to change. Travel sometimes involves unexpected situations so things might need to be re-arranged at times. However, it is important to remember that travel is all about the journey, and so even the unexpected situations we may face should be treated as part of the overall experience!
Accommodations: Prices are based on the sharing of rooms and single members of the group will typically be put together. While we do our best to secure as many rooms with separate beds as possible, sometimes two members of the group might have to share a large bed but that’s all part of the adventure and we guarantee we’ll have a blast anyway. Single supplement is available on this trip at an extra cost of 200 USD.
Scuba diving course: The Bali itinerary is made in a way that you can do Discover scuba diving course in Gili Trawangan. If you wish to do PADI or Open Water Course, you will have to extend your stay and separate from the group after Gili Islands. Let us know in advance and we can help in planning you for the choice of your course.
Discover Scuba Diving: This course allows first timers to experience what it’s like to Scuba Dive. You will learn some basic theory and safety rules before trying on the scuba equipment in the pool. During the pool session, some basic skills will be taught to boost your confidence and comfort levels. After the pool session, you then get to experience the ocean dive to a maximum depth of 12 metres. This can be credited towards your full Open Water Course should you wish to continue.
Please Note: We will not be liable for any claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed or cancelled flights & acts or forces of nature. The participants will have to bear the charges of cancellation (if charged by the hotel & other suppliers) arising due to delayed or cancelled flights/trains & acts or forces of nature.
- 75% of the booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 45 days of the tour date.
- 50% of the booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 30 days of the tour date.
- 25% of the booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 15 days of the tour date.
- No refund afterwards.
- No show will be considered as automatically canceled from the participant and no refunds will be given.
We request you to please check our Disclaimer, waiver and release. You will be asked to sign this document before the start of this trip.
What are DIY group trips?
Our DIY trips are modern format, highly curated itineraries, which are prepared by our experts keeping in mind the travel preference and travel styles mentioned by our members aka ‘Roamers’.
These trips are without trip leaders. However, worry not. We will do all the bookings for accommodations, transportation and activities to make sure you are having a hassle-free and fun holiday. No trip leader also means cheaper trips, more flexibility & a lot more fun.
- How is the Itinerary of DIY trips? Is everything planned or I get some free days as well? – All of our DIY trips are a mix of planned or fixed days & a few free days. In free days Roamers can choose to do whatever they feel like. For eg, activities like Scuba diving, Skydiving, Surfing, visit a museum, a day trek etc.
- Who will manage the group if there is no trip leader?- On a fixed day, a local partner will manage the group. You will also get a detailed day wise schedule from us 3 days before the trip start date. This guide also includes restaurants, clubbing & shopping recommendations for each day as well as things to do & activities suggestions for free days.
- How do I contact Roaming Clan team during the trip, if I need any support?- Every trip has a ground manager who will be connected with the group via WhatsApp. We are also available via phone & email. Local support is provided by our local partners. Whenever you need us, we are available!
- Is transportation included in fixed days?- Yes, transportation is covered for fixed days. Usually, a fixed day will start after breakfast. You will get a pick up from hotel reception at the specified time & a drop to the hotel in the evening after covering activities or sightseeing for that day.
- How is the transportaion managed for free-days?: Depending on which activity you choose, we do the arrangements accordingly at an extra cost. Usually, the pick up is arranged from the hotel itself for free-days as well.
- How do you manage the transportation when there is a transfer from one destination to another?– In most of our trips, 2 to 3 destinations are covered & we do a smooth arrangement of such transfers from one destination to another including pick up from the hotel of start destination & drop to the next destination. In the 3 days guide, you will get detailed instructions of such transfers.
- How do I prepare for the trip?- 15 days before the trip start date, you will get a pre-trip essential guide from us which will have details about what are the things to pack & what to expect in the trip.
- How would I know who is coming in the trip?- 5 days before the trip start day we create a WhatsApp group to connect all the participants & that’s when participants start interacting with each other.
- What is the group size of a DIY group trip?- The group size is never more than 7. These are very personalised groups & we try our best to make sure that participants are like-minded. Since the group size is always small, Roamers get to know each other better & we have seen that by the end of the trip they become very good friends.