Has legendary Thailand Full Moon Party been on your bucket list since long? Well, wait no further!
Thailand Full Moon Party is a giant festival-like party that happens right at the beach on every full moon. You will dance away until the wee hours, under the sparkling moonshine, with pulsating neon lights and hearts thumping to trance music at Koh Phangan with thousands of other backpackers. Not just that, explore some exquisite turquoise beaches, an emerald pool in Krabi, scuba dive at Koh Tao, and try wipe-out at Koh Phangan.
Join this unique DIY trip & enjoy your Christmas in Thailand this time.
|Day 1:||Arrive at Surat Thani|
|Day 2:||Transfer to Koh Phangan- Full Moon Party|
|Day 3:||Koh Phangan- other activities|
|Day 4:||Krabi- Christmas day|
|Day 5:||Krabi- Island hopping/ Kayaking/ Scuba diving/ Emerald pool|
|Day 6:||Extend your trip or return|
Please Note: It’s a DIY Trip- Our DIY trips are highly curated itineraries, which are prepared by our experts keeping in mind the travel preference and travel styles mentioned by our members aka ‘Roamers’. These trips are without trip leaders.
However, worry not. We will do all the bookings, transportation and activities arrangement to make sure you are having a hassle free and fun holiday. We only take registrations from like-minded Roamers, making sure that they are the right fit in the group and so they are very affordable and a lot more fun.
Day 1: The beginning of exploration, Surat Thani
Arrive in Surat Thani at any time. Get some much-needed rest, freshen up and get those holiday spirits going. Huddle up in the evening for a small #RoamersMeetAndGreet before your grand adventure begins the next day with your Roaming Clan.
Arrived early? Why not opt for any of these activities-
- Khao Sok National Park- a nature reserve containing dense virgin jungle, towerlike limestone karst formations and the man-made Cheow Lan Lake.
- Sunset view of Tapi river – one of the longest river in Southern Thailand
- Monkey Training centre – see how the professionally-trained monkey climb up the coconut trees to harvest the nuts for you
- San Jao night market
#FunFact- Tapi river was named after the river Tapi in India & shortly after, the town of Surat Thani was named after the town Surat in Gujrat, India
Day 2: Arrival at party central, Koh Phangan
Transfer to the party island, check in to your hotel and get ready for some #BeachCrawlingWithRoamers. Savour a nice Thai meal while soaking up the sun and some laid-back vibes. Explore the beaches by the day before diving into the wild party at night.
As dusk slowly turns to night, dress up to #PartyLikeRoamers on the beach. Here, you can get a taste of what an actual carefree party is, with bodies moving to the rhythm of the music and the sound of the waves passing by, glistening in the moonlight. The show will go on till the first light of dawn when the trance-athon ebbs out and you have literally partied till you drop.
Day 3: Explore Koh Phangan beyond its party scenes
This is #Roamerday aka a free day for you to enjoy as you please. Sunbathing and yoga retreats for some peace and quiet, trekking and watersports for an adrenaline rush, massages and spas to pamper yourself or food bazaars for just pigging out. There’s something for everyone at Koh Phangan. Here are our top picks:
- Scuba dive at Koh Tao
- Challenge Phangan- try wipeout (Highly recommended)
- Kitesurfing at Ban Tai beach
- Boat trips including a hike & kayaking
- Canopy tour with zip-line and dancing bridges near Ban Tai
- Yoga retreats, Thai massages, Buddhist meditation
- Mountain biking
- Thong Sala night market for food
- Sunset at Amsterdam bar
- Thai boxing at Thongsala
Day 4: Ho Ho Ho.. Merry Christmas! ah, where? in Paradise 😉
Today, get transported to an island paradise, Krabi. Your stay is in Ao Nang which has stunning scenery both inland and at sea. Explore the nearby white sand beaches with turquoise water or walk in the glittery streets & shop till you drop.
After dinner, get your beers & head down to the nearest beach to see the fireworks as well as float your own fire balloon for good luck in the coming year. Want some live music? Walk up to the Boogie bar & sing & dance.
Day 5: Explore Krabi
Jam-Up, there is so much to do in Krabi that this day is going to be like no other. It’s your free day & you can opt from a variety of options as per your travel style. Our recommendations-
- 7 islands sunset tour- Go for an island hopping day tour to explore the countless beautiful islands in South Andaman sea just off the coast of Krabi. Swim, snorkel, roll on the sand and also explore the glowing bioluminescent if you happen to be on board on the right day.
- Emerald pool, Blue pool & hot spring- Trek in a narrow, twisty, beautiful path through the tall trees and mangroves to take a dip in nature’s own hot tub Jacuzzis. Check out the hot springs and then swim in the astounding and heavenly crystal water of the Emerald pool. Trek further up to the nature’s wonder- Blue pool. We bet you have never seen water this blue.
- Kayak in the Mangroves at Thalane Bay- Kayak around the bay and then into a quiet canyon where even a whisper echoes. You will easily spot monkeys, mud crabs and lots of birds darting in and out on the way.
- Scuba dive or Snorkel- Diving at one of Ao Nang’s 7 main groups of nearby islands means immersing yourself in some of Thailand’s most diverse waters where schools of reef fish, beautiful soft corals and wondrous macro-marine life are all present in surprising and impressive quantities
Day 6: HOLA! It was a great time!
Hey Roamers, we hope you’ve had a lovely vacation.. Extend your trip or Return. Until we meet again!!
Terms and conditions:
Physical Level: While the Thailand tour itself is not very strenuous, please note that it can involve the following: somewhat long days, a good amount of walking, early morning wake-ups and other similarly challenging scenarios.
Subject to Change: Please keep in mind that the above itinerary and activities are subject to change. Travel sometimes involves unexpected situations so things might need to be re-arranged at times. However, it is important to remember that travel is all about the journey, and so even the unexpected situations we may face should be treated as part of the overall experience!
Accommodations: Prices are based on the sharing of rooms and single members of the group will typically be put together. While we do our best to secure as many rooms with separate beds as possible, sometimes two members of the group might have to share a large bed but that’s all part of the adventure and we guarantee we’ll have a blast anyway. Single supplement is available on this trip at an extra cost of 10,000 INR or 150 USD.
Airport Transfers: If you want us to arrange airport transfers for you, let us know in advance and we will arrange a private taxi for your pickup or drop.
Please Note: We will not be liable for any claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed or cancelled flights & acts or forces of nature. The participants will have to bear the charges of cancellation (if charged by the hotel & other suppliers) arising due to delayed or cancelled flights/trains & acts or forces of nature.
- 75% of your booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 45 days of the tour date.
- 50% of your booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 30 days of the tour date.
- 25% of your booking amount will be refunded if you cancel your participation before 15 days of the tour date.
- No refund afterwards.
We request you to please check our Disclaimer, waiver and release. You will be asked to sign & submit this document after booking.
What are DIY group trips?
Our DIY trips are modern format, highly curated itineraries, which are prepared by our experts keeping in mind the travel preference and travel styles mentioned by our members aka ‘Roamers’.
These trips are without trip leaders. However, worry not. We will do all the bookings for accommodations, transportation and activities to make sure you are having a hassle-free and fun holiday. No trip leader also means cheaper trips, more flexibility & a lot more fun.
- How is the Itinerary of DIY trips? Is everything planned or I get some free days as well? – All of our DIY trips are a mix of planned or fixed days & a few free days. In free days Roamers can choose to do whatever they feel like. For eg, activities like Scuba diving, Skydiving, Surfing, visit a museum, a day trek etc.
- Who will manage the group if there is no trip leader?- On a fixed day, a local partner will manage the group. You will also get a detailed day wise schedule from us 3 days before the trip start date. This guide also includes restaurants, clubbing & shopping recommendations for each day as well as things to do & activities suggestions for free days.
- How do I contact Roaming Clan team during the trip, if I need any support?- Every trip has a ground manager who will be connected with the group via WhatsApp. We are also available via phone & email. Local support is provided by our local partners. Whenever you need us, we are available!
- Is transportation included in fixed days?- Yes, transportation is covered for fixed days. Usually, a fixed day will start after breakfast. You will get a pick up from hotel reception at the specified time & a drop to the hotel in the evening after covering activities or sightseeing for that day.
- How is the transportaion managed for free-days?: Depending on which activity you choose, we do the arrangements accordingly at an extra cost. Usually, the pick up is arranged from the hotel itself for free-days as well.
- How do you manage the transportation when there is a transfer from one destination to another?– In most of our trips, 2 to 3 destinations are covered & we do a smooth arrangement of such transfers from one destination to another including pick up from the hotel of start destination & drop to the next destination. In the 3 days guide, you will get detailed instructions of such transfers.
- How do I prepare for the trip?- 15 days before the trip start date, you will get a pre-trip essential guide from us which will have details about what are the things to pack & what to expect in the trip.
- How would I know who is coming in the trip?- 5 days before the trip start day we create a WhatsApp group to connect all the participants & that’s when participants start interacting with each other.
- What is the group size of a DIY group trip?- The group size is never more than 7. These are very personalised groups & we try our best to make sure that participants are like-minded. Since the group size is always small, Roamers get to know each other better & we have seen that by the end of the trip they become very good friends.